COVID-19 Updates and Information
The Raymond Corporation has closely followed the development of the coronavirus (COVID-19) with the utmost care and concern. Their efforts are vital to supporting essential, life-sustaining businesses - including food distribution operations, warehousing facilities, medical-supply providers, and the overall supply chain. With the significant developments regarding COVID-19, Raymond remains committed to following the guidance of federal, state, and local governments while continuing to implement a number of precautionary measures.
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about COVID-19 and how it is impacting our world. For Raymond, that means understanding how it affects its employees, customers, and communities; and making the necessary localized adjustments to its work and operations.
We want our customers to know that we are all in this together, and both Pengate and Raymond are committed to working with you to keep your operations up and running during this difficult time. We remain open in order to serve your needs with flexible solutions that include rentals, virtual and in-person service, maintenance, parts distribution, and optimization efforts.
As this is an ever-evolving situation, we promise to continue following the guidance of our federal and local governments - as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - and will quickly communicate any necessary updates as they are received.
Friday, March 27, 2020
We wanted to share an update about how The Raymond Corporation is responding to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 epidemic. Designated as an essential business by New York State, it is imperative Raymond and its network of Sales & Service Centers fulfill their commitments to their customers - many of which are producing the necessary goods deemed essential to keeping the nation’s supply chain and relief efforts moving forward during this unprecedented crisis.
Starting Monday, March 30, 2020, Raymond will have a partial opening of its Greene, New York facility in order to produce a limited number of critical components for essential businesses. The remainder of the Greene plant will temporarily remain closed until it resumes production on Monday, April 6, 2020. This work schedule for critical activities will allow Raymond to fulfill its responsibility as an essential supplier. Any future decisions that may affect production schedules at any of Raymond's corporate locations will be relayed when those decisions are made.
Protecting its employees’ health and well-being is a top priority for Raymond, as is ensuring its customers are able to keep running. A few of their efforts include:
- Communicating regularly with employees to ensure they are aware of and comply with current COVID-19 related policies or procedures.
- Maximizing cleaning and disinfection efforts for all common areas and throughout the facility.
- Closing all on-site fitness centers.
- Instituting telework and alternative work-schedule arrangements for employees whose job duties allow work-from-home.
- Restricting domestic and international air travel for business-related purposes.
- Proactively engaging field technicians to follow CDC guidelines, implement cleaning best practices, and to follow its customers' internal COVID-19 procedures when on-site in the workplace and while visiting customers for any service and maintenance needs.
- Using all available virtual communication technology to support its sales, service, and products in order to meet customer requirements.
- Following all precautionary steps to maintain required levels of hygiene and cleanliness throughout its facilities, including practicing safe social-distancing protocols.
Thank you for your ongoing commitment to work together during this unprecedented time.
Monday, March 23, 2020
Raymond continues to prioritize its employees' well-being with the utmost care and concern, while also respecting The Raymond Corporation’s designation as an essential business deemed crucial to its customers' business and the nation’s supply chain.
Considering the national response to COVID-19, the Executive Team at Raymond has decided to implement a number of precautionary measures for its employees. The following
actions are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
- Raymond’s manufacturing facility in Greene will be on a one-week temporary shutdown as of March 23, 2020, with a reduced production staff.
- Raymond has instituted telework and alternative work-schedule arrangements for employees whose job duties allow work-from-home.
Raymond follows all precautionary steps to maintain required levels of hygiene and cleanliness throughout its facilities - including practicing safe social-distancing protocols.