AP Accountant - York, PA
AP Accountant - York, PA
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Accounting Associate (Accounts Payable)
Education: BS degree in Accounting
Experience: Up to 2 years in accounts payable / 1 year in cash receipts posting
Industry: Material Handling
Required Travel: Minimal
Pengate Handling Systems is a leader in the Material Handling markets it serves throughout the Northeast. We're a strong and growing company with a history of stable performance and focus on our customers. If you're looking for a challenging career where you can advance and make a difference, Pengate is the place for you. We invest in our associates through career development, continued training, job stability, competitive compensation and great benefits--within a culture unlike any other. We are proud to have been awarded the coveted "Dealer of Distinction" award by The Raymond Corporation.
Are you highly motivated and looking to advance in your career? Due to a recent retirement, we are looking for an AP Accountant to add to our accounting team at our York, PA location. This role is ideal for a highly motivated candidate who is looking for an opportunity to learn and grow with a stable, highly successful company. Up to 2 years of experience in accounts payable, and 1 year of experience in cash receipts posting, is preferred. Recent college or business school graduates with a degree in Accounting are encouraged to apply.
Challenge yourself! Join our dynamic, successful team today!
Why Work for Us?
- Competitive Wages
- Job Stability
- Health Insurance with Low Premiums (Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- 401k with Company Match
- Group Term Life Insurance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Invoice entry into AP system
- PO entry into AP system
- GL coding of various invoices including allocations.
- Set up new vendors
- Cash receipt posting to AR
- Credit card posting to AR
- Upload weekly Positive Pay
- Monitor daily Positive Pay report
- Field questions from vendors
- Resolve AP issue with vendors and team members
- Apply Supplier Credits
- Run weekly vendor checks
- Calculate DPO
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to meet all deadlines
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to interact with all executives, managers, and employees’ company wide.
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently.