Employment Opportunity: Entry Level Dock & Door Field Service Technician
Positions available in York, PA and Scranton, PA
Positions available in York, PA and Scranton, PA
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Service and Repair (Dock & Door)
Education: High school graduate / Vocational School
Experience: Classroom and On-the-Job Training will be provided to help you gain mechanical, electronic, and hydraulic experience
Industry: Material Handling – Industrial maintenance
Required Travel: Daily
Pengate Handling Systems is a leader in the material handling markets it serves throughout the northeast. We're a strong, growing company with a history of stable performance and focus on customers. If you're looking for a challenging career where you can advance and make a difference, Pengate's the place for you. We invest in our associates via career development, continued training, opportunities to advance, job stability, competitive compensation and great benefits within a warm, inviting culture.
Are you interested in becoming mechanically, electrically, and technically inclined? If so, you’ll enjoy a career that offers independence within your territory to do exactly what you love to do - fix things. We're currently seeking am entry-level, customer-focused go-getter to add to our new Dock and Door Field Service team. In this role, we'll train you on how to undertake several duties that include: pre-start checks, planned maintenance, and breakdown repair on our customers’ dock and door equipment.
Why Work For Us:
- Competitive Wages
- Monday - Friday Schedule with Business Hours
- Paid Overtime (as necessary)
- Extensive On-the-Job, Online and Classroom Training
- Company-Provided iPad and iPhone
- Company-Supplied Uniform and Boot Allowance
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time/Holidays
- 401k with company match
- Group Term Life Insurance
Job Duties (After completion of Classroom and On-the-Job Training):
- Ability and willingness to work at heights of up to 40’ with proper use of safety equipment
- Responsible for having a valid driver’s license and maintaining a clean motor vehicle record per company policy.
- Responsible for keeping company issued tools clean and well maintained.
- Responsible for following customer’s safety and housekeeping guidelines when performing repairs at customer site.
- Ability and willingness to complete work orders using an iPad
- Ability and willingness to work on a rotating emergency on-call schedule 24/7 for one week.
- Performs necessary installation, repair and service all sizes and brands of overhead doors, rolling doors and door openers using best safety practices.
- Performs necessary installation, repair and service to mechanical doors, gates, sliding doors, high speed doors and dock equipment using best safety practices.
- Performs necessary repairs and/or modifications to correct or change analyzed situation in a productive manner.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on equipment for contracted customers according to Pengate Handling, Inc., Scheduled Maintenance policy and procedures.
- Prepares necessary documentation relating to each service call in a neat and accurate manner.
- Follows safety rules and ensures that hazardous waste is disposed of properly.
- Ability and willingness to work at heights and within confined spaces.
- Maintains parts and supplies inventory in service truck.
- Maintains service truck to ensure that it is clean, organized and hazard free inside and out.
- Assure that regular maintenance is performed on service truck (i.e. oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and that required repairs are performed.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Run low voltage wiring and on occasion hardwire commercial operators or dock equipment to junction boxes.
Required Skills (After completion of Classroom and On-the-Job Training):
- Familiarity with PC (laptop/iPad) applications to diagnose equipment issues.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics.
- Ability to read and understand necessary service and training manuals.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to maintain a good understanding of industry innovations and product availability to make recommendations based on customer need.
- Ability to effectively utilize volt, ohm, multi-meters and oscilloscope.
- Ability to use stick welder for installation and repair of dock and door equipment.
- Ability to safely operate drills, grinders, presses, forklifts, hoists, overhead cranes, and personal hand tools.
- Such other knowledge, skills, and abilities as are necessary in connection with additionally assigned duties
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean motor vehicle record plus the ability to drive multiple hours daily.
- High school education, plus one to three years mechanical, electrical and hydraulic experience in a similar environment or equivalent in college or vocational education.
- Routinely lifting 20 pounds and rarely up to 150 pounds with aid of coworker
- Routinely working at heights up to 40’.
- Extensive walking up to 3-5 miles/day.
- Extensive driving up to 2-3 hours/day.
- Kneeling, squatting, bending, pushing, climbing, balancing, stooping, grasping and pulling.
- Working in awkward positions on a routine basis.
- Exposure to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet, dirty conditions.