Employment Opportunity: Systems & Automation Project Manager - York, PA
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Systems & Automation
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree in Engineering
Experience: 2 years minimum previous experience of project management in construction trade
Industry: Material Handling – Industrial maintenance
Required Travel: Daily
Pengate Handling Systems is a leader in the material handling markets it serves throughout the northeast. We're a strong, growing company with a history of stable performance and focus on customers. If you're looking for a challenging career where you can advance and make a difference, Pengate's the place for you. We invest in our associates via career development, continued training, opportunities to advance, job stability, competitive compensation and great benefits within a warm, inviting culture.
The Project Manager for the Systems and Automation department is responsible for all project management activities that support the Systems and Automation solutions portfolio. The position is responsible for coordinating installations (including but not limited to): Rack, Conveyor, Automated Storage Systems & Storage products. Coordination requires constant contact with the Customer, Vendors, Sales Coordinators, and Account Managers. Coordinate internal resources to provide pre- and post-sales service and support to our customers.
Why Work For Us:
- Competitive Wages
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- 401k with company match
- Company paid Group Term Life Insurance
About The Opportunity:
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Works with and supports sales and customer to ensure projects are completed in time and accurately.
- Lead on job site during installation-project management.
- Communicate with sales team, suppliers, customers, and end users.
- Assures project documents and contracts are completed and signed to minimize our exposure and risk on projects.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Manages project budget.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information and status.
- Plot print and copy drawings.
- Develop relationships with existing suppliers and cultivate new relationships as it relates to Systems products.
- Analyze facility planning/design objectives, understanding of product flow and movement.
- Be proactive while on site looking for other opportunities for the Apex enterprise.
- Pallet racking and conveyor, automated storage and retrieval systems or material handling experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Project
- Ability to read engineering drawings and use standard tools for identifying dimensions, angles, tolerances.
- Computer design skills; AutoCAD or similar design software.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate's degree with a focus on engineering or relevant field experience.
- 2 years minimum previous experience of project management in construction trade
- Pallet racking, conveyor or material handling experience preferred
- Requires strong problem solving, organizational, project and time management capabilities.
- Ability to develop and execute a plan with limited supervision.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal and listening.
- Must exhibit detail orientation and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage complex and significant projects.
- Use of project management software.